54 DAY ROSARY NOVENA
We invite you to pray this 54-day Rosary Novena with us, entrusting ourselves, our families and loved ones, our Country and the entire world, to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, as we seek protection from the Corona virus.
We also pray, that through this Rosary Novena, we will experience in our own country and across the entire world, a renewal of family prayer, as well as complete protection for unborn babies & their mothers – from the threat of abortion.
Reasons to Pray this Novena
• This Corona virus period presents a worrying time for us all. But Mary is our Mother; She cares for us and protects us. The Rosary has proven to be a great protection prayer throughout the ages.
• We need to prayerfully ask for God’s protection for: Ourselves, Our families, Health workers, Carers, and Frontline workers, and all those who are reaching out in care and compassion for the sick at this time; Both in our own Country and across the entire world.
• Jesus promised “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Mt 18:20. It is important that we pray together and are united in prayer as we petition God, through our Blessed Mother Mary.
• Jesus said, “Here is your mother.” John 19:27 Let us entrust ourselves and loved ones to the Immaculate Heart of Mary asking for her love & protection, guidance & encouragement & intercession, during this difficult time.
• Sister Lucia of Fatima told us: “There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot solve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary. With the Holy Rosary we will save ourselves”. It is very important we pray individually and as a wider human family at this important time.
How to Pray the 54 Day Rosary Novena
• The Rosary Novena starts Friday 24th April; End Friday June 19th (Feast of the Sacred Heart).
• Participate in this Novena by praying a 5-decade rosary for 54 consecutive days (for the above intention and your own intentions).
• Pray 1 Rosary per day for the first 27 days in Petition, and 1 Rosary per day for the second 27th Days in Thanksgiving, even perhaps if the answer to your intention was not yet given.
• The day-to-day rosary meditations are in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and Mysteries of Light.
• You do not have to pray an extra Rosary, but include the above Rosary intention (and your own intentions) in the rosary you already pray (ie. pray the Rosary you normally would, and mention the above intention – with your own – each day).
• Join us any time: If you want to join this Novena, after it has already begun, then please feel free to pray the Rosary with us at any time.
Send Us Your Prayer Petitions
If you wish to email us your Prayer Petitions, then please know that your intentions will be prayed for during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass offered at Our Lady of the Angels Chapel in Irondale, Alabama.
In addition, your intentions will also be included in a “Day of Prayer” offered by the Poor Clare Nuns of Perpetual Adoration at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery in Hanceville, Alabama.
Why 54 Days?
• On March 3, 1884, Our Lady of Pompeii appeared before the gravely ill daughter of an Italian military officer and, through her, gave the world a new devotion of tremendous power.
• For over a year, Fortuna Agrelli had been in great distress and even near-death. Indeed, her case had been given up as hopeless by the most celebrated physicians. In desperation, on February 16, the afflicted girl and her family began a novena of Rosaries.
• Two weeks later, the Queen of the Holy Rosary appeared before Fortuna one evening. Sitting upon a high throne, surrounded by luminous figures, Our Lady was holding the Divine Child on Her lap and a Rosary in Her hand. Both were arrayed in golden garments and were accompanied by Sts. Dominic and Catherine of Siena.
• “Child, your faith has pleased Me.” Our Lady said to Fortuna, “Whoever desires to obtain favors from Me should make three novenas in petition of the prayers of the Rosary, and three novenas in thanksgiving.”
• Obedient to Our Lady’s command, Fortuna and her family completed the six novenas whereupon the young girl was restored to perfect health and her family showered with many blessings.
Powerful Quotations About the Rosary
• “There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.” Sister Lucia dos Santos of Fatima
• “The Rosary is the ‘weapon’ for these times.” Saint Padre Pio
• “Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world.” Blessed Pope Pius IX
• “The greatest method of praying is to pray the Rosary.” Saint Francis de Sales
• “Love the Madonna and pray the rosary, for her Rosary is the weapon against the evils of the world today. All graces given by God pass through the Blessed Mother.” St. Padre Pio
• “The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you’ll be amazed at the results.” St. Josemaria Escriva
• “If you desire peace in your hearts, in your homes, and in your country, assemble each evening to recite the Rosary. Let not even one day pass without saying it, no matter how burdened you may be with many cares and labors.” Pope Pius XI
• “The power of the rosary is beyond description.” Archbishop Fulton Sheen
• “The Rosary is the most excellent form of prayer and the most efficacious means of attaining eternal life. It is the remedy for all our evils, the root of all our blessings. There is no more excellent way of praying.” Pope Leo XIII